Reunion dates for 2013
Guidelines for Class Reunions
Red Bend Catholic College encourages its Ex-Students and their families to have
class reunions on a regular basis. It has become common for classes to hold such
reunions at five-year intervals.
Getting the ball rolling
The following guidelines recommend a successful format, which includes some simple tips for organising your class and getting the ball rolling. The College will assist by providing a mailing list for your year, placing an advertisement in the College Newsletter and on the Website.
If you are an Ex-Student of Red Bend Catholic College please complete this form
and return it to the College.
Some simple guidelines
- You form a committee of about three members of your Class Year.
- Give yourself plenty of time to plan.
- Obtain a list of class members from the College. Inevitably some addresses
will be out of date, but by sending a copy of this list out with the mailing to
the rest of your class, most will be found.
- Arrange a suitable venue, check your costing and make sure that they include
such things as phone and postage costs. We recommend that the costs be
maintained at a moderate level, keeping in mind that the price needs to be
within everyones reach. Some venues - The Postie Hotel,
Vandenberg Hotel, Metropolitan Hotel or one of the Clubs. You need to book
- Open a Bank or Building Society account in the name of the class e.g. RBCC
Class of 1982 - 2002 Class Reunion Account. Committee members to sign.
- Be prepared to provide a balance sheet on request to either the College
Council or Class members. Most reunions plan to make a small profit and
make a donation to the College Scholarship Fund.
- Invite by personal invitation some of your former Teachers and the current
- Prepare a list of deceased class members. Mass and prayers to be offered for
- If you are having speeches keep them brief and to the point. A good format is
a toast to the College and one speaker.
- If you wish to have a tour of the College it is necessary to contact the College
so a person can be arranged to show your class group around. You could also
arrange a BBQ lunch. Include this in your costing.
If these simple steps are followed you will have a wonderful time meeting up with
your class and discussing old times. A well-organised event leaves everyone with good feelings. It also reflects well on you as Ex Students of the College.
The present College Council, Staff, Parents and Students of Red Bend Catholic
College welcome all Ex-students and their families to visit whenever they are in
Ex-Students should consider registering with www.schoolfriends.com.au