Partnership with Parents and Community Members
At Red Bend Catholic College, we are committed to supporting the development of the whole student, and to do this successfully we need to be in a partnership with our parents and community. The College welcomes parents and community members to take an active interest in the students’ progress.
There will be many opportunities for family members to participate in different aspects of our College life. These may include:
- Nominating for the School Council;
- Being a member of Parents’ and Friends’ Association;
- Providing learning support and encouragement for students;
- Assisting in the College canteen;
- Visiting class activities and exhibitions;
- Joining us on Carnival days;
- Participating in College liturgies;
- Joining us for parent or grandparent and student days;
- Attending student and parent Information Evenings;
- Attending parent, student and teacher interviews.
Communication about the students’ progress is through interim, half-yearly and yearly reports, as well as formal interviews and informal contact between teachers and parents.
Our newsletters keeps our community informed about the busy life at Red Bend.